Slack has seen a lot of change and growth since its launch in August 2013, gaining popularity for its brand and establishing itself as one of the best means of business communication within a company. As it stands currently, Slack is available in the form of mobile apps for iOS and Android, as well as a web browser client and desktop clients for both Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Long story short – Slack is becoming more and more popular, and whether you’re a new user who wishes to maintain a high level of online security, an old user who wishes to update their account for some reason, or the owner of a Hipchat account that got migrated to Slack, you may at some point in time find yourself wanting to change your Slack password.
Here’s how you do just that!
How to Reset Your Slack Account Password
- Log into Slack.
- Select your username. It should be located at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Go to “Profile & account”. This should expand the profile column, which should now take up the right side of the window.
- Select the icon that looks like a gear. It should be located in the new right column immediately below your user name. Just you hover your mouse over said button and you should see the “Account Settings” pop up.
- Go to the “Password” section. This should be the first section on the screen.
- Select “Expand”.
- Input the password you wish to replace into the first blank cell.
- Input the new password you wish to set up into the second blank cell.
- Select “Save Password” to finish the job.